20 April 2010

C'mon folks... have a little sympathy

If you'd lived outside the country for three and a half decades... you might not be familiar with... the way things usually work either...

"In his remarks, the Liberal Leader said his caucus would not support Tory MP Candice Hoeppner’s legislation to abolish the registry; the vote will be whipped, which is unusual for a private member’s bills as MPs are allowed to vote their conscience."
Hey, Iggy... is that how they did it down at Hah-vuhd?

**********

THE FARMER BOB RIFLE REGISTRY REVEALED:
Me: “Hello, I’m not a criminal so I have to report to you that I’ve moved.”

Constable on duty: “Huh?”

Me: “I legally own a rifle so I have to report to you that I’ve moved.”

Constable on duty: “Who said you have to do this?”

Me: “Your boss Chief Jack Ewatsky and Prime Minister Chretien.”

Constable on duty: “Well, I… uh are you sure?”
Can we have our 2 billion dollars back now?

(via ffof)

**********

LAST WORD: Scratch a Liberal...

...find Big Mother...
"Since the Dog Owners Liability Act was enacted in 2005, pit bulls have killed fewer Ontarians than former attorney general Michael Bryant."
I'm just waiting for the inevitable crackdown on farm animals.


3 comments:

langmann said...

That Farmer Bob Gun Registry article was awesome.

BTW, I hope he knows that using a firearm for self defence has been illegal since Alan Rock made it so in 1995. I would suggest if one is home invaded one nefariously pretends to flee in one's car and at the last minute catch the criminal in the door of one's car and drag him for a few blocks while crashing his body into inanimate hard objects on the side of the road. That method of self defence is legal in the opinions of Liberals such as former AG Bryant.

Neo Conservative said...

*
"langmann says... catch the criminal in the door of one's car and drag him for a few blocks"

a little awkward... but apparently effective.

*

Neo Conservative said...

*
update:

says the phantom...

"If I were Michael Ignatieff and if I saw this, I’d be a bit worried. Mr. Dosanjh and Mr. Dryden may have inadvertently given those eight Liberal MPs a strategy for voting on the upcoming private member’s bill abolishing the Gun Registry."

you know what they say... a drowning man will grasp at a sword.

*