21 October 2010

The evil dumbassery of George W....

...wait a minute...
"We want to make sure that they have the tools that they need to be able to defend themselves," he said of Saudi Arabia, a key regional ally. The kingdom had no immediate comment.

Some details of the proposed sale have been known for months, but the inclusion of up to 1,000 one-ton bombs known as Joint Direct Attack Munitions, or JDAMs, and other guided bombs in the package, was revealed in notifications to Congress on Wednesday.

U.S. officials said the $60 billion figure is an estimate.
Good grief... if this had actually been a Republican move, the Dems in Congress would have been running around screaming like their heads were on fire. Instead we get one lone voice in the wilderness...
Rep. Anthony Weiner, a New York Democrat, accused the administration of trying to slip the Saudi deal through Congress while lawmakers were on recess to campaign for the November election.
Hope, change and... "bomb those fuckers back into the Stone Age."

Heck...while we're here... let's reach a little deeper into the "nasty ol' racists" mailbag...
"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country.

"But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."