04 April 2007

British bulldog neutered

Iranian President Madman Ahmadinejad couldn't resist taking that very last shot at British Prime Minister Tony Blair, as he claimed he would finally free the 15 British hostages.
"I'm asking Mr Blair to not put these 15 personnel on trial because they admitted they came to Iranian territorial water," he said, referring to taped "confessions" made by the British sailors and marines.

"I ask Mr Blair: Instead of occupying the other countries, I ask Mr Blair to think about the justice, to think about the truth and work for the British people not for himself."

In return, a spokeman for Mr. Blair meekly replyed...
"We welcome what the president has said about the release of our 15 personnel. We are now establishing exactly what this means in terms of the method and timing of their release."
Game, set and match... Iran.

RELATED: The Captain concurs...
Ahmadinejad makes the most out of the reversal. Facing the threat of a blockade if Iran pressed this any further, he gets to look magnanimous while still maintaining the notion that he could have tried the sailors for espionage, even while dressed in uniform.

It's a net win, allowing the Iranians to feel as though they won a tactical victory while avoiding having to back up their rhetoric with action.
LAST WORD: I never thought... I'd see this

The ass-kissing is now complete...
An unidentified crew member said: "I'd like to say that myself and my whole team are very grateful for your forgiveness.

I'd like to thank yourself and the Iranian people... Thank you very much, sir."

Mr Ahmadinejad responded in Farsi: "You are welcome."

Technorati Tags: , ,