23 November 2011

Same Planet... Different Worlds

Scenario 1:
the great outdoors
I had mixed feelings about hunting from the start. I like the outdoors and being alone in the bush. A summer job tree planting near White River was enjoyable as much for its solitude as anything else. I liked the idea of taking up one of my father’s pastimes.

I believe anyone who eats meat should probably confront the fact that an animal is killed so they can do so. And I know most hunted animals have a better life and death than commercially raised and slaughtered livestock.

I also like eating venison.
Scenario 2:
dirty, smelly hippies
Occupiers gathered around the edge of the garbage truck to lambaste city officials. “That’s why we don’t like public officials, because you do stuff like this,” one man shouted.

Other protesters were arguing with police, accusing them of unjustly "destroying our home" and "propping up a corrupt system." Others were beating a drum and chanting “we occupy” and “make the rich pay.”

Protesters had been shouting at police, with a spontaneous chant erupting of “Whose park? Our park.”
Identify the 99%.