03 December 2006

Stephane Dion: Separatist

UBER UPDATE: 23:30 Sunday night

I just saw a Stumblin' Steffi presser on CTV News and I have to say... I've seen more confident and convincing late-night pitches in a dark gym corner, at an alcohol soaked high school prom.

**********

And much, much more...
Solomon: You know, it’s part of the purpose of these interviews to get people to know who Stéphane Dion is. Your dad was a well known professor. You’re a professor. But as a young man you flirted with separatism yourself.

Dion: Yes!

Solomon: And your dad was a federalist. You, as a young man, thought: 'why not Quebec as a nation?' Why did you change positions from a separatist to a federalist?

Dion: You are mixing two things: Quebec as a nation and separatism. Yes, when I was a teenager I tried to challenge my father on many things, including politics. And each evening I was coming and giving arguments why we should have Quebec as a nation state.

Solomon: Nation state?

Dion: An independent state!

Solomon: An independent state -- well isn’t that what separatism is?

Dion: Yes, separatism is that.
UPDATE: Picture courtesy of Choice for Childcare.


Technorati Tags: , ,