18 May 2009

Stockholm Religion

It is a harsh, but necessary thing to point out that, in reality, children are hostages to their parents. They are vulnerable, both physically and psychically.

If parents teach their children that the world is flat, the children will not only uncritically take that on as a personal belief, but they will fight others psychologically, even physically, who disagree, because disagreement is an indirect attack against their parents on whom they are one hundred percent dependent.

The correlation is nearly total: If parents believe in a particular religion, their children, as adults, will as well.
**********

FROM THE COMMENTS:
"Bless my folks: one agnostic, the other atheist, but saw that I got to catechism and church until I made up my own mind that, as has been said, "Its not that I don't believe in god. Its just that I don't trust his ground crew".
*