18 May 2010

The answer to that age-old question...

...who shoots a 15 year-old kid in the face...
his blondenessMeet Sheronnie Thomas.

**********

FROM THE COMMENTS:
Makes you happy he's black, eh?
Posted by Anonymous to halls of macadamia at 3:13 PM, May 18, 2010
Ah, yes... the compassionate, intellectual left... once again, in the person of Mr. Anonymous... responds with the usual charges of... surprise, surprise... racism.

This gentleman was also kind enough to send me a dozen variants of his argument above... including pictures of 90 year-old lynchings in the deep south. I did ask him if he had sent any of these thoughtful comments & pictures to the various media who also covered this terrible event... but have yet to receive an answer.

I guess we're supposed to just pretend this isn't actually a problem. Nobody's disputing that shooting kids in the face is a bad thing... it's just that you aren't supposed to talk about it.

Yes, Nonny... I violated "the code".

Maybe you could do us all a favour... and take your nasty, little race-baiting mouth down the road. I bet they just love you over at Liblogs.

-- Deleted, yet again --

**********

LAST WORD: Forget anonymous trolls...

...ask an actual African-American...
The terrible struggle that made me an American out of a potential slave said "On the line!" The Reconstruction said "Get set!" and the generation before said "Go!"

I am off to a flying start and I must not halt in the stretch to look behind and weep. Slavery is the price I paid for civilization, and the choice was not with me.

It is a bully adventure and worth all that I have paid through my ancestors for it.
What do you think Zora Neale Hurston would have to say about Sheronnie Thomas?