23 July 2009

"I had no idea what racism was..."

"...until I came to Canada."

Since the incident, Phipps said he has trouble sleeping and has lost weight, affecting his other job as a personal trainer. Medication to help him sleep has damaged his eyesight. He is "teased mercilessly" by co-workers, and his wife and parents fear repercussions from the police.

Phipps, 44, is asking for a financial award in the case; he won't say how much.
**********

FROM THE COMMENTS:
"Neo, this isn't about what experiences of racism my children have or have not experienced but ensuring their rights are not violated solely because of the colour of their skin.
Hmmm, so Kate... "You had no idea what racism was until..."
"Apparently he now gets stopped by the police when he leaves the house to walk to work in the early hours of the morning. It doesn’t happen every time, but often enough, that I am now seriously considering following him with my camera."
Perhaps Mr Phipps should get his mummy to follow him around everywhere as well, huh?

I've gotta confess though Kate, you lost me at...
"The Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario handed down a judgement on a case and I couldn’t be happier or more pleased."
Just a suggestion... you might wanna read "Shakedown"... by Ezra Levant.

**********

RELATED: Even President McDreamy's new BFF...

...ought to have known better.

**********

LAST WORD: Obama eats crow

*