03 December 2007

Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge

Hey, it's not my my fault... the local library refuses to burn all the Richard Dawkins books...
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
Flame away... I'm certainly prepared to listen to the other side of the equation.

**********

RELATED: Need another opinion?
Email the Pope
**********

FROM THE COMMENTS:
For nature or the physical laws of the universe to arrange things such that one of the byproducts (me) is a being that can believe its actions are meaningful and also comprehend its own complete insignificance seems like a bad joke to me.

I think there might be a joker.
**********

LAST WORD: You're not gonna riot, are you?
"Suppose it's not just me. Suppose that several people of your acquaintance, including people who you're pretty sure don't know each other, all tell you that they have dragons in their garages -- but in every case the evidence is maddeningly elusive."