17 August 2009

I'm from the government...

...I'm here to save you...
"The trouble isn't that Obama 'wants to pull the plug on grandma.'"

"It's that under socialized medicine (which I happen to live under, and you don't)... Grandma might not get plugged in in the first place."
And, let's face it... it isn't just Grandma we have to worry about.

Now, I'm just spitballin' here... but the next time I walk into an emergency room with a sick fevered child... it'd be nice to not spend seven and a half hours waiting to see a doctor.

That's when I'll start singin' the praises of government-run healthcare.

**********

FROM THE COMMENTS: Ask an actual doctor
"Then in the kids less than 3 months, or just sick looking kids it can be meningitis, encephalitis, or sepsis all of which can be treated and have a decent chance of preventing permanent damage if treated rapidly. The only way to prevent it is by immediate treament with antibiotics or antivirals."

"When I see a fevered kid on the chart rack I take him first. If it is a simple viral thing he goes home fast and I don't have to listen to screaming."

"If it is a serious issue then I either save someone's life and/or prevent permanent damage."
*