18 January 2011

See, the thing is, folks... that whole...

..."Neighbourhood Watch" deal... we don't actually mean to imply it's just some sort of prurient spectator sport... kitty genovese reduxMaybe the journalistic focus here should be the dangers of living in insular, fear-ridden Scarberia...
"Neighbours heard the screams of a Toronto woman with dementia who died after wandering away from her home in the middle of the coldest night of the year – but one man said he had no idea anything was wrong."

"Police also found 'clawing' marks on the screen door of a house and a car near where the woman was found, Sgt. Dubé said."
CTV news reported that one neighbour actually saw this poor woman writhing around on the ground... but even he didn't call for help.

Worse still... some of these people attempted to rationalise their behaviour...
"Others believed that, though the incident is unfortunate, at least it was not a criminal act."
I got nuthin'.

**********

COMPARE & CONTRAST: Okay... there is hope
"My only thought was that I had to help her," Mr. Caunter said. "There was only one thing I could do and that’s what I did. I could never have lived with myself, or slept tonight, if I hadn’t done it."
**********

THE COMPASSIONATE, INTELLECTUAL LEFT REPLIES:
"I had a wish too, but it would seem the demented woman was not the seriously demented maryt."
Posted by liberal supporter to halls of macadamia at 7:16 PM, January 18, 2011
The "demented" woman, Libby?

You mean the elderly woman with alzheimers (somebody's mother & grandmother) who froze to death? And you're acually wishing aloud for that to happen to another commenter here at the halls?

Why would you say something like that? Looks like the Arizona shooter isn't the only sociopath on the block, huh?