Looks like there could be more First Nations fireworks at another building site in Ontario. I sure hope the Liberals don't decide to rush in there with another multi-million dollar taxpayer bailout.
The chief of the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte is appealing for calm in a dispute over who owns land slated for a $30 million-plus housing development in Deseronto. The Chief of the band in question is trying to keep a lid on the situation.Remember Dalton, fifty million dollars here, fifty million there... pretty soon you're talkin' serious money.
As the Mohawks enter federally-led talks regarding the planned subdivision, Chief R. Donald Maracle asked the community “remain peaceful and patient” in a notice sent out late Tuesday.
LAST WORD: Speaking of Taxpayer's money
Given the recent MPAC flim-flammery of Dalton McLiar and his minions, I did some surfing and found the list of McSquinty promises (copied in at the bottom of this post) at the “50Plus” bulletin board.
I don’t know about you, but the big ones for me are:
- No tax increases - followed immediately by the Health Premium/tax.
- No tax increases (by him) - but new powers to Toronto for Miller to raise taxes.
- Shut down coal-fired electricity generating plants by 2007- Ha, Ha, Ha.
- Shorten wait times - does anyone believe this?
- More family doctors - in fact, there’s less, and the trend is worsening sharply.
- Ensure cleaner air - until the next smog alert.
- Give real legal rights to victims of crime - sure, any day now.
And, my all-time favourite, to resign if he breaks any of these promises.