06 September 2008

Hearts and Minds

"Microsoft makes much of its living from Windows, and a very good living it is."

"In the year ended in June, Microsoft’s Windows group generated revenue of nearly $16.9 billion and operating profits of more than $13 billion, a phenomenal 77 percent margin."
I have never really been a huge Microsoft fan... it's just the O/S that comes with most of the computers I've ever encountered.

And I had a few issues with Vista... which have since disappeared since I acquired a machine with enough horsepower to get it off the ground.

Still, I really don't get the idea behind this commercial. And maybe that's the real problem at Microsoft. They stopped paying attention to their customer base.

But if they're paying for it... a 77 percent profit margin has surely softened the blow.

*