11 November 2007

The Ontario Hunger Report...

"To be released Thursday... found almost 320,000 Ontario residents depend on food banks every month... said the study by the Ontario Association of Food Banks."
So, if I'm reading this right... the food bank lobby group has identified an incredible need for massive, emergency funding... for food banks?

Well... you've gotta love the chutzpah.

**********

FROM THE COMMENTS:
"I don't owe anyone dinner."
**********

LAST WORD: Hey, Mr Wizard... do the math
But I still live in Toronto, and it's Thanksgiving, which means I have to listen to constant b.s. from the poverty industry, telling me I need to donate tins of tuna to the local food bank because "900,000 Torontonians" rely on the food banks.

In a city of 3,000,000, tops.

Journalists and social workers both suck at math. No one I know uses food banks. No one THEY know uses food banks.

Technorati Tags: , ,