23 November 2007

Just a heads up here, Mark...

A self-proclaimed socially progressive person... might not actually want to base his "life philosophy" on the musings of Groucho Marx...
Mr. Warner said he hasn't ripped up his Conservative membership, but hinted that it's not likely he will be staying. "My philosophy in life is not to want to belong to any club that wouldn't have me as a member."

"It's just the way I approach life."
Well Mark, you deep thinker... the actual quote is, "would have me as a member"... but that's what happens when you pull a life philosophy out of the pop culture ether.

Cute mis-quotation... but remember, Marx also famously recounted...
I did a bond tour during the Second World War. We were raising money, and we played Boston and Philadelphia and most of the big cities. And we got to Minneapolis.

There wasn't any big theater to play there, so we did our show in a railroad station. Then I told the audience, that I knew a girl in Minneapolis. She was also known in St. Paul, she used to come over to visit me.

She was known as "The Tail Of Two Cities."
Try that one out at your next Fiberal or NDP fundraiser and... I daresay... Libby Davies will happily rip off your balls.

Technorati Tags: , ,