15 September 2011

I dunno... sounds a little imPOTUS to me

Okay, I think we've officially crossed over into "needy girlfriend" territory...

-- RALEIGH, North Carolina -- US President Barack Obama told fired up supporters Wednesday that if they loved him, they must help pass his jobs bill, injecting more urgency into his push for key legislation.

One supporter from the raucous crowd shouted to Obama that they loved him, and in a standard response from his 2008 campaign he replied "I love you back" then added a new twist.

"If you love me, you got to help me pass this bill," Obama said, repeating the line to more cheers.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean "abusive" boyfriend-husband territory?

Didn't think the bill was even submitted to Congress yet.

Neo Conservative said...

*
actually... yeah.

*

Frances said...

Neo- isn't this another case of "pass my bill and then I'll tell you what's in it"?

Neo Conservative said...

*
frances... what i see is that obama (like premier mcslippery) is running scared... and consequently, is willing to promise you the sun, the moon & the stars in exchange for your vote.

the big question is... after all the damage these politicians have inflicted on their respective constituencies... are you still willing to be (with your own tax dollars, of course) bribed?

we have a chance to answer that very question here in ontario next month.

*

Mr. Neutron said...

I don't recall great statesmen of the past like FDR, Winston Churchill, Ronald Reagan, Magaret Thatcher etc ever actually giving a damn whether they were loved or not. If there is a God in heaven please let this clown only serve one term.