21 September 2010

Never a Russian aristocrat around...

...when you really need one...

Michael Ignatieff first offended Ukrainians around the world in his 1994 book Blood and Belonging, where he talked in derogatory terms about that country’s independence “conjuring up images of embroidered peasant shirts, the nasal whine of ethnic instruments, phony cossacks in cloaks and boots, nasty anti-Semites.”

Calling himself a “Great Russian” he remarked on his disdain for “these little Russians”.
But, but, but... he rides the bus... AND he drank a beer!!!

**********

RELATED: Compassionate, intellectual Mickey I...

...in his own words...
"I don't want to litter the slopes with bodies. There may be people who I've left behind who feel that I was ruthless, and if they feel that, then all I can say is — I wouldn't apologize — all I could say is, I don't want to hurt people."
You mean like the wife and two kids you ditched back in England?

Nice.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AND he drank a beer.

A Molsons DRY. Come on now, LOL.

Neo Conservative said...

*
i wonder what "his excellency" was thinking when they stuck that bbq spatula in his hand.

probably thought it was some kind of weird royal sceptre.

*

Anonymous said...

yah....cuz Harper's a regular guy just like you and me.

Neo Conservative said...

*
hey, nonny... read slower.

*

Anonymous said...

Sorry pal, deleting this doesn't make it go away. You accused me, of threatening you with guns. You will have to address this, no matter how many times you want to make it go away.

You should know very well, you have the tools, that I have never, ever, threatened you in any way, certainly, not with guns. This, is a very serious allegation neo.

So what happened to all the threats, the 'yer gonna need a lawyer', blah blah.

Except, accusing someone publicly, of threatening you with guns, well, I can tell you someone will need a lawyer alright.

You still owe me an apology for accusing ME, of threatening you with guns. I would encourage you to sort this out. You have the tools, perhaps you're too stupid to use them.

Be careful before you go wildly accusing innocent people of serious crimes, that, mr. law and order agenda, is too, a crime.