28 December 2008

Two more Canadian casualties

-- KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- Another roadside bomb attack in southern Afghanistan killed two more Canadian soldiers Saturday, along with an Afghan police officer and a local interpreter.

Warrant Officer Gaetan Roberge and Sgt. Gregory John Kruse were killed during a security patrol in the Panjway district, in the western part of Kandahar province.

The explosion wounded three other Canadian soldiers and another Afghan interpreter.
They will be remembered.

*


2 comments:

Bec said...

Neo, I read you every day but I never comment. I just don't want to hear this again. SHEESH!

To the families,
I want to express my condolences to all of the families. I am so proud of your boys and girls.

Thank you for sharing them with me and MY family. They will be forever MY family too. I will never quit supporting our troops.

Trust me, as a Canadian, I am as sad for each and every loss but I also believe in your kids, husbands, wives, fathers and mothers and may knowing that help in your loss and pride. They are an amazing group of individuals and I am so proud of them and you.

Thank you, for making me a proud Canadian.
I am so sorry. God bless you!

Neo Conservative said...

*
bec... what you have to remember is that we are involved in afghanistan for a greater good.

if we can bring these folks out of the 14th century and establish democracy in this region, it will have far-reaching implications for the future... for all of us.

and there's also stuff like this...

"Improvements in medical care since the Taliban fell five years ago have led to a marked decrease in Afghanistan's infant mortality rates - 40,000 fewer infant deaths a year."

thank goodness there are brave men and women willing to put themselves in harms way... to make the world a better place.

*