28 July 2008

The Leftosphere loses it's mind...

...but what this comes down to, in a mere matter of seconds, is... "Would you bet your life?"
The incident illustrates the predicament facing soldiers confronted by an erratic driver on the chaotic roads of Kandahar -- either they open fire and risk killing an innocent Afghan or hold their fire and risk being killed by a suicide bomber.
And actually... it's even more complex than that.

Would you bet your life... and that of everybody else in the immediate area?

Times's up. Choose.

**********

FROM THE COMMENTS:
"Maybe the left wants the army to be equipped with tasers. No, wait..."
**********

LAST WORD: Walk a mile... in my combat boots
"In fall 06 I was a LAV gunner involved in a convoy op in southern Afghanistan. At one point a vehicle pulled out and began speeding towards us, and I fired my COAX in accordance with ROEs."

"When the dust cleared the battle aiming mark on my daysight was sitting right in the middle of some kid's head as I looked through the windshield at him sitting on the driver's lap."
Try second-guessing that.

*