16 April 2008

Step II - feed him to the dogs

"He's got," said Kim Robinson, the hunter credited with catching Mr. Schoenborn, in a brief interview Wednesday with The Globe and Mail.

Asked about the fugitive's condition, Mr. Robinson, a trapper and wilderness guide, would only say: "He's a hurting unit."
Other folks in the area were a little less laconic...
“They have him down on the highway now, last I heard,” Ms. Smith said. "The bloodhounds got him, just about chewed his arm off."

"Kim caught him and tied him to a tree."
Hang on... doesn't this Kim guy belong to one of the "Big Three" high-risk groups the Liberals were targeting with their Farmer Bob Rifle Registry... farmers, hunters and target shooters?

We certainly can't celebrate that... this is Canada.

**********

UPDATE: Kim Robinson speaks up
"He was curled up in a ball like a whipped little man. His dog came after me and my big ugly dog was trying to kill him," said hunter Kim Robinson, referring to his bull mastiff.

"I tied my dog up and the guy woke up, thinking his dog was in a wreck. I didn't shoot his dog, because it was just doing what it was supposed to do."
It's all relative, I suppose...
"I've dealt with wounded grizzlies and shit. The guy didn't mean anything to me," he said, standing in the kitchen doorway of the trailer where he lives with his family just outside Merritt, his thumbs hooked in the pockets of his jeans.

Sticking out of one pocket was a curved grizzly claw, about eight centimetres long. Mr. Robinson said it was a reminder of a bear that hurt him once. He hurt the bear more.
And finally...
Asked how the suspect managed to survive in the wild, Robinson snorted: "He didn't 'survive.' He looked like anyone else who had gone for 10 days with no food and was too stupid to drink."
*