15 October 2008

Plan 9 from Outer Cherniak

"I am quite confident that Stéphane Dion will lead the Liberals in the next election, win, lose or coalition. This is a defence of Mr. Dion's leadership for the election tomorrow.

My point is that Mr. Dion is not just a leader, but a great leader. He has done everything a leader of the Liberal Party could have done to win this election."

"In my view, he has proven that he is the best man to be prime minister of Canada."
And Jason... you're not alone...
"Speaking on behalf of conservatives everywhere, we'd really like you to stay Stéphane - you're no quitter!"
**********

MINORITY REPORT:
"This is an epic disaster," one party insider told The Canadian Press as dismal figures poured in from across the country. "Everybody's up except us."

"They're just picking at our bones," said the insider, referring to election night projections that put the party's total seat tally at near-historic lows.

Worse yet for Dion, Liberal brass told CTV News on Tuesday night that a May leadership convention in Vancouver was already in the works.
**********

LAST WORD: Jason... the post is somewhat superfluous...

...didn't you fall on your sword yesterday?
"This is my last post on politics. After almost four years of blogging, I have decided that I have had enough. I had my time in the spotlight and that is enough for this 29-year old."

"I will no longer take the risk of making enemies by being too honest in public."

"I have a life to live and I have 'come to the conclusion that I cannot live it in public unless I have a job that pays me' to live in public. That is going to be my life for the foreseeable future."

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
I love the part about "come to the conclusion"... that only took, what... almost 30 years?

Hey Jason, here's a thought... maybe you were just targeting the wrong demographic.

*