29 December 2010

Here's the thing, Dalton...

Running a couple million dollars worth of healthcare commercials... isn't the same thing as actually providing healthcare. It's not what you say... it's what you do that counts.

Actually, let me be a little more specific than that. Today I took Mrs. Neo into Belleville so we could get the paperwork to apply for a SIN number for the boy. No big deal, right?


Now, how this works, in Belleville anyway... is that you take a number and go sit and wait to be called to the desk. Unfortunately, as is standard government practice, there are never enough front line clerks... so Mrs. N had a 30 minute wait... to pick up a piece of paper. I don't know why we were so naive, the dozens of poor sods sitting in the waiting area should have been a tip-off.

It gets better. Even though this place is called Service Ontario... they apparently are unable to actually provide the applications for something as esoteric as Social Insurance numbers.

When Mrs. N was impertinent enough to point out that the Service Ontario pamphlet she had taken from a nearby table and had been reading to pass the time said otherwise... well, that was just an unfortunate mistake.

So, even though the Liberals made a screamin' big deal about recently centralising all the government services in one location in downtown Belleville... there is apparently some other location that handles SIN numbers. Once again... they lied right to our faces.

As far as I'm concerned, they should actually call this place Disservice Ontario.

Sorry folks... just another reason... friends don't let friends vote Liberal.



"Asswipe. Fuck off with your torys are better, you're an idiot to fall for their bullshit."
Posted by Anonymous to halls of macadamia at 10:56 PM, December 29, 2010
Ah, yes... the much admired "you're a big poopyhead" defense.


Mark said...

SIN cards are a federal thing. They shouldn't be near a provincial office. Try an HRDC office.

Frances said...

Neo - SIN's come from the feds, so you needed to go to a Service Canada Centre. Just Google social insurance number application form, and you'll get all the info.

Anonymous said...

Dontcha hav'ta apply with Service Canada to get an SIN?
Might explain why you had so much trouble.
Jus' sayin'... can't really blame Dalton fer this one.
Chillax a bit dude - it's the New Year.
All the best to your clan!

Neo Conservative said...

"mark says... SIN cards are a federal thing. They shouldn't be near a provincial office."

yup... the sin cards fall under federal purview... but i have, in my hot little hands, the service ontario brochure that says they (service ontario) provide the paperwork.

mrs n. was so pissed about waiting around for 30 minutes, she actually whipped out the s.o. brochure & read the relevant section to the snivel servant behind the desk.

said flunky was all agog... but despite the error... did not apologise for the obvious fuckup.

you folks need me to scan the service ontario brochure and put it with the post? sorry, this one is still on dalton.

and no, frances... despite telling you the form is available online... we have been informed (by yet another gov't flunkie) that applications are done only in person, with a temporary sin number being issued at that time.

is that true? who knows?

call me skeptical... i'll believe it when i see it.