03 February 2009

CTV and Lloyd Robertson...

...round out the nightly "news" (and I use the word loosely)...with a riveting report on... wait for it... "poutine".

An insipid commercial assures me that my fellow citizens (and presumably myself) will sleep much more soundly if we use licensed insurance brokers. The government feels strangely obliged to tout the Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation... to no discernable purpose.

The lame-stream media makes yet another attempt to manipulate my emotions by bearing down on the two Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan since the start of 2009... but would have me ignore the half dozen murders in Toronto during the same period..

I don't know why I even turn on the television anymore.

**********

RELATED: That can't possibly be right!

There's not a single mention of those dastardly tasers.

*