14 August 2008

Well, dumbass...

Maybe you shouldn't have shot a cop...

"It is a most bizarre and painful situation to be living away from my wife and family, to not be living in my own home, to not be going to work at my own job, to not be in the presence of my co-workers and community," Pannell, who has been living in Washington D.C. with his mother since his release in March from a Chicago jail, said in a statement this week.
Somebody help me out here... are we gonna allow a convicted felon back into the country?
The father of four added he has retained Canadian human rights and immigration lawyer Barbara Jackman "to make the necessary applications so that I may return to Canada."

Pannell was initially charged with three counts of aggravated battery and one count of attempted murder in the shooting of Chicago police officer Terrence Knox, who was left with a partially paralyzed arm.
*


8 comments:

Rich said...

I certainly hope our gov't acts swiftly to deny his request.

Dave Hodson said...

The real problem is we shouldn't have to act all. People like this should be automatically shut out.

Not only did the guy shoot a cop, but he knowingly skipped bail twice, fled the country and actively tried to avoid capture for decades. This is not a guy willing to face the consequences of his actions. Rehabilitated? Yeah, right!

Neo Conservative said...

*
well, rich... i'm pretty sure you don't wanna be bettin' your next paycheque.

" -- BRANTFORD -- A convicted terrorist ordered deported from Canada two decades ago is still living with his family in a modest semi-detached bungalow in Brantford."

"Under orders of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, the then-25-year-old guerrilla fighter and another man hurled grenades and sprayed the plane with machine-gun fire."


*

Rich said...

This stuff just makes my head explode with rage.

Sammy said...

Maybe we can do a "group rate" and get all the Canadians in jail anywhere..and bring them all home for a great big group hug!At least we should be thankful that that one dude found the cyanide!Can't wait for McTeague to start the media whore show begging for this guy!

Neo Conservative said...

*
"sammy says... and get all the Canadians in jail anywhere"

well, sammy... i guess you thought you were being funny.

uh... p.s. to rich... you probably wanna get a stiff drink... before you look at this one.

*

Sammy said...

Gawd almighty..I guess I'm gonna spend the next little while honing my singing skills.My memory of the words to Kumbaya just seem to fail me,guess that's part of getting old!Or,that I just didn't bother to learn them in the first place,cuz I never got that whole Layton/Liberal hug-a-thug crap!!!

JA Goneaux said...

You know, when fair-minded lefties (yes, there are some) ask me: "James, you seem like a well-balanced righty, why are you getting so militant about some things", I'll point them to this case.

The left always plays the "one degree of separation" game, when they link anything you say to fascism. Now, we are expected to accept violent thugs like this back into our midst, because he is "changed". Or, even if he isn't, he had a damn good reason to be so violent, and Canada kept slaves too, you know.

Or something. My eyes glaze over after the first 10 seconds or so of being lectured to by my moral superiors...