26 June 2011

Seriously?

You mean your employer doesn't offer you a gold-plated pension & benefits, seven weeks of holidays yearly and substantial sick leave on top of that? --

Hmmm... I guess maybe that accounts for the 70 percent of Canadians who supported the back to work legislation.

I mean, this one's a no-brain... wait a minute...

"The leftist New Democratic Party had held up the bill with 58 grueling hours of day-and-night debate."
Of course they did.

Hope you're all enjoying Jack Layton's version of "working with all parties to get things done."

**********

FROM THE COMMENTS:
"As this is a crown corporation may I suggest it should be reserved for the employment of our former armed service personnel. They deserve a fat cat job with all the benefits at least."
**********

LAST WORD: I'm from the government...

...I'm here to save you, er... enrich me...
One example of how large and untenable this gap has become can be found in Statistics Canada’s recent observation that public sector employees now constitute a majority of all pension plan participants, despite being outnumbered more than three to one in the workforce.

This suggests two types of retirement in the future: one of carefree luxury for public sector employees, and one of reduced expectations for everyone else.

A similar dichotomy is at work with Ontario’s practice of paying a bonus to every corrections staffer who takes fewer than 23 sick days per year.


4 comments:

maryT said...

If not for the filibuster we would never know that the members were not allowed to vote. We would never know of all the perks those posties get, and we would never know what their wages are.
And we would never know how greedy they are.
And we would never know how many union honchos are now sitting as ndp mps. But we learned all that in the first few hours so it could have been over days ago.
And we would never have seen all those newbies from Que reading speeches prepared by staff. And best of all we would never have seen how partisan the deputy speaker is, not enforcing rules, etc. Anyone who thought Milliken was bad is in for a huge shock.

Neo Conservative said...

*
the only qualifications that i can see to be a postie... is that you can read... and put one foot in front of the other.

this is not skilled work.

farm it out to the private sector.

*

obituary said...

As this is a crown corporation may I suggest it should be reserved for the employment of our former armed service personnel. They deserve a fat cat job with all the benefits at least.

canadianna said...

I work at a physically gruelling, minimum wage job. I'm sure I could manage ANY postal job without an issue while I highly doubt any postal worker could or would do mine. The real difference is, I don't know anyone in the public sector who could give me a job. They are neither more skilled, nor more educated than I am, yet they have the audacity to believe they are worth so much more.
Funny, I'd take their work without the perqs at a lesser pay. Unions should be scared because there are a ton of people like me these days, under-employed and getting angry at those who don't see how very fortunate they are.