08 October 2006

This is my Prime Minister

Licia Corbella sits down with Stephen Harper to discuss the Liberals, the Defense of Religion Act, FOI and his relationship with the mainstream media.

Like him or not, Harper is one class act.
Harper says flatly that he doesn't know the names of journalists making such requests, "and I'm not sure why it would matter anyway. I mean, why would I care?"

Well, some people would say it's so you can punish the journalists who ask?

"I punish them all anyway," he quips, then breaks into a long and sustained laugh at the expense of his own thorny relationship with the Parliamentary Press Gallery. "Look, I don't assume any of them are friends and I assume they'll ask for information -- that's what access is for," he adds.
Harper motto, " Do the right thing."

Technorati Tags: , ,