16 November 2017

How would you react...

...if you found out your cardiothoracic surgeon had been part of an "affirmative action" troop back in medical school? My personal feelings about this sort of thing are no secret...
Ok, here's what I think. If I came home from work and my house was on fire... who would I want running up that ladder to pull my kid to safety?

At that point I wouldn't be thinking SAT scores, or where anybody came from, or even gender... assuming that the woman who sprang into action was the biggest, strongest, most single-minded sonofabitch on the scene.
So, where should we offer exemptions to the "meritocracy" rule?

How about the judicial system?
Already there has been established in the Yale Law School building a Black Law Students Union lounge with furniture and law books provided by the school. And I learned from Dean Poor that the 12 black students in the present first year class who were admitted under relaxed standards have not done well academically.

Dean Poor attributed this deficiency to the pre-occupation of these students with racial activities. I think it equally logical to attribute their preoccupation with racial activities to their lack of qualification to compete on even terms in the study of law.
Someone is going to pay for this sort of thing... bigtime.