26 July 2013

I'm beginning to understand all that...

..."crime is falling" stuff I read about in the dead tree media...
"I can’t help feeling there’s something missing here. I think it’s where the punching should go. Along with the outrage, the protest, the alerting of other passengers and the summoning of police."
**********

BEST COMMENT EVER:
If only there were some kind of...tool, or device, that people could carry on their persons to help equalize them when facing larger, more aggressive individuals. Something hand-held. Perhaps with a button, or lever, which, when depressed, would either deploy or rapidly expel a sub-component that could be used to...encourage...the aggressor to seek his, or her, entertainment elsewhere.

Alas, such technology must remain in the realm of make-believe I suppose.
Ahem.