Showing posts with label class of 2008. Show all posts
Showing posts with label class of 2008. Show all posts

14 May 2024

THE USUAL, WELL... YOU KNOW...

-- "On Saturday, officers from Durham Regional Police Service arrested Toronto resident Conrod Warren Webley, 35, who is facing a number of charges, including one count each of assault, forcible confinement, trafficking in persons, and financially benefitting from sexual services." --

Seems it's not ol' Conrod's first rodeo

Or even his second... time travel with me to 2008...

-- "Toronto teen Conrad Webley is facing several charges after police arrested him with a loaded Glock 27 handgun Saturday night in the Jane Street and Falstaff Ave. area." --
Oshawa... not as dull & quiet as it used to be.

18 July 2022

SAINTED BLM SEATTLE WAS UNAVAILABLE FOR COMMENT

LIVE AND DON'T LEARN...insert alt text here
SEATTLE -- "Billy Chambers, 29, who was shot in Seattle's Central District and later fled the hospital to avoid being arrested for a felony warrant on July 14 was previously convicted for the killing of Seattle's 'Tuba Man.'" --

14 December 2019

R.I.P. - Torstar's "Racial Identity Politics"

Should've stayed in peaceful, fun-loving Mogadishu, I guess...insert alt text here
There’s Shamso Mohamoud, whose 18-year-old son was shot in the head near a Yorkdale mall housing complex in 2008. There’s Ayan Ali Abddow, whose 17-year-old son was fatally stabbed outside an Etobicoke apartment in 2016.

There’s Shamso Elmi, whose 24-year-old son was killed in 2015 in Vancouver.

Every woman here has been touched by the violence they say is crippling their community. The mothers say their Canadian-born Somali youth face disproportionate gun and gang violence.
Those horrible, homicidal Canadians, yessirree bob.

**********

RELATED: "Then Ali broached the race factor..."

Yup, Ali... it would have been different. If it was a "white Canadian" who'd been murdered... his buddies would have testified and put the murderer away.

There wouldn't have been any of this "code of the street" horseshit.

MEANWHILE BACK AT THE RANCH: Somali, Somali...

...that sounds so familiar...
A jury found Abdulahi Hasan Sharif guilty Friday on all charges, including five counts of attempted murder, after a three-week trial that was in part defined by what wasn’t before the jury.

13 June 2018

Who says you can't...

...get away with murder...
"Since the beginning of 2008 there have been 658 murders in Toronto and 233 of those remain unsolved, meaning many killers freely roam city streets."
Need another example?
Justin Andrew Bokma, 42, and LeFrance Matthews, 41, were gunned down in the early morning hours of July 1, 2016 inside a second-floor after-hours club near College Street and Augusta Avenue.

Police say they believe the suspects had attended the club previously and the club’s owners knew who they were.

17 May 2012

Oh, c'mon... it's not like he...

...oh... my... gawd...
A man who beheaded and cannibalized a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus in Manitoba has won his bid to leave the grounds of the mental hospital where he is being kept.

The review board says the passes will start at 30 minutes and increase incrementally to a maximum of full days.

But, hey... I'm sure they'll be all over this guy for the rest of his... wait...
Someone who’s been convicted of murder and given a life sentence in Canada spends their life being monitored by the parole system. But an absolute discharge from a review board is just that – people aren’t followed and they don’t have to report to anyone.
I swear... I got nuthin'.

23 December 2011

"Interrupted"... Brian? You mean like...

...Stefanie Rengel’s young life?
"Though Mr. Snell said in his factum that if moved to the adult Grand Valley Institution in Kitchener, Ont., Ms. Todorovic’s plans for getting a university education would be interrupted, he conceded in court that’s 'probably not correct' and that she would be able to take some courses, if not the very ones she wants."
Hang on a second... when exactly did Melissa Todorovic become the victim here?

30 November 2011

You know, Nathaniel... I was with you...

...right up until the part where you started getting naked...
O’Brien testified he heard blood-curdling screams at his neighbours’ front door.

"People were screaming, ‘Stop,’ and ‘Help,’ so I went inside their house." He confronted one intruder on the upper landing, wrestled with him and as they tumbled together down the stairs, O’Brien’s black trousers fell to his ankles, court heard.

He said he removed his pants, left them and his shoes in the living room, and raced upstairs to discover Varughese’s body in the bedroom doorway.
Hey... you never know... it worked for O.J.

Meanwhile... in other "justice" system news...
-- TOPEKA, Kan. -- A man who held a Kansas couple hostage in their home while fleeing from authorities is suing them, claiming that they broke an oral contract made when he promised them money in exchange for hiding him from police.

The couple has asked a judge to dismiss the suit.

04 January 2011

Live and don't learn...

...that's us...
A Toronto man in part barred from possessing firearms and ammunition for life following a 2008 incident was charged with possessing a pistol on New Year's Eve.
more insanity
Rowan Akeem Atkins, 22, Toronto, is charged with possessing a restricted firearm with ammunition, unauthorized possession of a firearm, possessing a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized, carrying a concealed weapon and two counts each of possessing a firearm contrary to a prohibition order and possessing ammunition contrary to a prohibition order.

In February 2008, Atkins was handed a lifetime firearms ban after being sentenced to three years probation for robbery using a firearm.
If only there was a law.

20 September 2010

Never a Taser around, when you...

...really need one...
The family of a schizophrenic man hopes a coroner's inquest beginning Monday will shed light on why Toronto police fatally shot him more than two years ago. --
Uhm... that's a trick question... right?

Two words, folks... armed AND dangerous.
Officers found Debassige in the park drunk, singing and wielding a knife. Debassige refused repeated calls to drop the weapon and came toward the officers "while wielding the knife in a threatening posture," said the SIU news release.
Sorry, Peace Moonbeam... you call the tune... don't be too surprised somebody punches your dance card.

I'd also be interested in knowing where Byron Debassige's family was... two years ago. Funny how everybody saves up their concern for the inevitable inquest...
"Let's put the onus for seeking treatment on the guy who's obviously crazier than a shithouse mouse... that sounds like a plan."
If it was my son who was suffering from mental illness... he sure as shit wouldn't be wandering around Toronto armed & intoxicated.

You do whatever you have to do.

**********

RELATED: If shooting this guy...

...could bring back a little girl... would you do it?
“It was the voice that started it,” Richard Wilde recalled of Oct. 18, 2007, the day he killed his daughter, Megan.

28 May 2010

And Shakespeare wept

Remember when you were a kid... and grown-ups encouraged you to express... your inner gangsta?
>>>>>suckass politcal correctnessYeah... me neither.

But hells bells... that ain't gonna stop anybody...
Can watching theatre really deter youths from joining gangs? The Toronto Police Services Board thinks so, and gave the theatre company a $30,000 grant to create DISS.
Hang on, Sgt. Stedanko... that'd actually be taxpayer benjamins, right?

I think I wanna have a few words with the "Social Media Relations Officer".

**********

RELATED: Never a theatre around...

...when you really need one...
A 19-year-old man arrested in connection with a shooting that injured two young girls in Winnipeg's West End was involved in a shooting death two years ago.

CBC News is not naming the man, in order to report on the previous incident, which happened when he was a youth.

He was charged Friday with attempted murder and several weapons-related offences for two shooting incidents that occurred this week.
Wonder what they'll plead it down to this time.

01 April 2010

Another one for the good guys

Two more dangerous little punks off the street...
Edward Paredes has been found guilty of second-degree murder, while Awet Zekarias has been found guilty of manslaughter in the death of John O'Keefe, an innocent pedestrian gunned down outside a Yonge Street strip club in 2008.

Mr. O’Keefe, 42, died of a single bullet to the head after he walked unwittingly into the sidewalk dispute between the two men and the bouncers.
It's too late for John O’Keefe... but, sometimes, you do what you can.

09 June 2009

Remember when you were a kid...

...and showing "disrespect" to someone... meant you got sent to your room?
“There was an exchange between Dylan Ellis and the offender. But it is insignificantly brief, something like, ‘How’s it going?’ Or ‘What’s up?’ and then it’s just shots,’” Det. Sgt. Giroux said.

He said he wonders what event led to the shooting. “It doesn’t have to be an overt, deliberate act from the victims that would cause this type of reaction."

"This could be fairly insignificant, but it’s important to the gunman and it was important to him to do something like this in a public place.”
This is, apparently, the new reality in Canada's largest metropolitan centres. You simply look at someone the wrong way... and you're dead.

And no amount of legislating, or willy-nilly banning is gonna make that right.

Just something to think about when you see your kids out the door tomorrow morning.

**********

RELATED: Yeah, sure... the Better Way
A 19-year-old boy was in hospital Tuesday night after he was found shot in the leg at the Main Street TTC station in the city's east end.

It's not clear where the shooting happened. Police were first called to the station for a “disorderly male” on a bus. About two minutes before they arrived, a shooting was reported on a streetcar.
Here's an interesting take... since when is a 19-year-old a boy and not a man?

*

28 December 2008

Okay Dawg... cover your ears

I don't wanna shatter any more of your delusions...
"I am concerned about the number of shooting crimes, because that is the one type of criminal activity that we have seen go up," Bill Blair told CTV Toronto in a year-end interview.
And, sad to say, we're not talking about jaywalking or shoplifting.
"Although there's been fewer murders in the city, what we've seen is there's been more shooting occurrences."

Toronto police maintain a web page that shows year-to-date shootings. As of Dec. 15, there have been 236 shooting incidents in the city, an increase of 18 percent over 2007. The number of victims is up to 336, about a 42 percent increase over 2007.
**********

RELATED: And right on cue...
A woman managed to take a cab to an east Toronto hospital after being shot early Sunday morning.

The 12:30 a.m. shooting happened outside a Gabby's Kingston Road, located at 980 Kingston Rd., which is just west of Victoria Park Avenue.
And...
A 28-year-old man was rushed to the trauma unit of St. Michael's Hospital last night after being shot in the chest.

Shortly after the shooting just after 8 p.m. in a Pape Ave. home south of Gerrard St. E., a dog-walker reported seeing two men running north.
*

13 June 2008

Latest Toronto homicide victims id'd

The good news is... there was a witness in the car who survived...
Dylan Ellis and Oliver Martin were shot and killed as they sat in their high-end Range Rover SUV around midnight Thursday after watching a basketball game with friends.

Because the victims were driving a high-end SUV, police are exploring the possibility the incident was an attempted carjacking, Det.-Sgt. Giroux said.

Both victims were still wearing their seatbelts when emergency crews arrived at the scene.
Dylan Ellis was the grandson of the late Toronto businessman and philanthropist Mariano A. Elia.

So Mayor Miller... you got any more happy horseshit about shooters at perfectly legal target ranges... or can we just go after the scum-sucking shit who did this?

**********

UPDATE: Witness apparently was a girlfriend
A third passenger in the backseat of the vehicle, whom Det. Sgt. Giroux identified as a friend, is cooperating fully with the investigation. Media reports suggest she is the girlfriend of one of the victims and told police a man was seen fleeing the scene on a bicycle.
And CBC has more...
At least 19 police shell case markers covered a street in downtown Toronto where two men were shot and killed early Friday.

The two victims had been best friends since Grade 1. Police said the families are "devastated" by the killings. "They were certainly, in my opinion, targeted," said the detective, who is leading the investigation.

Police are looking for at least one black male seen fleeing the area on a bicycle. They say they also believe whoever was responsible for the shooting is "familiar with the area" around Niagara and Bathurst.
**********

RELATED: Meet Toronto's powerful "gun lobby"
Several speakers, most of them amateur and hobby shooters as well as gun club operators, told yesterday's meeting that the CNRA Gun Club at Union Station and Scarborough Rifle Club have spotless records and were being unfairly penalized.

Its members show utmost caution handling, storing and transporting their guns, they said, adding the two operations are in no way contributing to Toronto's gun problem.

One of the strongest pleas came from Avianna Chao, a pistol shooter heading to the Beijing Olympics who trains primarily out of the CNRA club.

"I've never met a gang member at a shooting range'' she said, adding that it's the "peaceful nature'' of sport shooting that attracts so many professionals.
**********

WELCOME READERS OF CANADIAN CYNIC

Today CC has put nine... count 'em, nine... links to me in one post.

Sounds like he's really pissed about something, huh?

Hey buddy... those people still spyin' on you?

Say, CC... you do know there are pills that can help with that sort of thing, right?

Get well soon.

*

08 May 2008

The Toronto "Red" Star...

Is a little light on specifics, but... call me wacky... I'm guessing it wasn't Colonel Mustard - in the Conservatory - with a lead pipe...
Police have made an arrest in the case of Toronto's first -ever shooting inside a subway car. At the time, police said a woman was shot following a confrontation with three males.

Police are expected to provide more details at a morning news conference, including information on two other suspects still sought in the attack.
**********

UPDATE: The Toronto Sun, meanwhile... ponies up
An underage man has been arrested and police are looking for two more suspects in connection to a downtown subway shooting about six weeks ago.

Police allege the 18-year-old man was the shooter in the incident, but was 17 at the time of the shooting, and therefore cannot be identified.

Cops are still looking for 20-year-old Emmaunuel Boakye and received a court order to release the name and image of suspect, Xbxaxix xaxax, 17
, also underage.

An 18-year-old girl was shot in the groin in the March 28 incident, which police allege was started when victim and the suspects bumped into one another while boarding the train.

Cops said the victim and the suspects did not previously know each other, but all of the parties involved were known to police.
**********

FROM THE COMMENTS: It gets better
"BTW, did you read this one about the alleged subway shooters (from the Sun today): 'Boake, who is wanted on a bench warrant for failing to appear in court, has four court orders issued against him not to have weapons.'"
**********

RELATED: In other Toronto "shooting news"
Jonathan Rodrigues was at home with friends when he was brutally gunned down on February 22. On Thursday, police released two names and two pictures of the men believed to be responsible for the murder.

Dwayne Gordon, 24, of no fixed address, is pictured above. Ron Williams, 20, of no fixed address, is pictured below.
Just imagine what it would be like if Mayor Miller hadn't "banned handguns."

**********

LAST WORD: Hey, Oshawa... vote in "a ban"

After all, it's working out so well for Toronto.
During the arrest, a loaded .22 calibre handgun was found inside a homemade holster on the man, in addition to a bag of additional ammunition, a flare gun with "multiple flare rounds" and five knives and "multi-tools" knives.

David Grenier, who is known in the Oshawa area but is of no fixed address, faces several weapon-related charges and one count of breach of probation.